Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Baseball

I love baseball. I don’t know why. It’s not very exciting, but I love it. Tonight, my friend and I went to see the Frisco Roughriders play. We had a good time. It’s a nice ballpark and there aren’t any bad seats. It’s a lot smaller than the Rangers field, so the players look like actual people rather than little ants.

I don’t watch baseball on TV much. Mostly because I don’t like watching a lot of TV (I easily fall into a vegetative state when the TV is on.) But if I happen to come across a Rangers game, I usually watch it. But I don’t think I want to go to Rangers games anymore. Why should I when the Roughriders are so close by? And parking is free. And tickets are cheap and good. And I can get the good kind of nachos where they squirt the cheese on top of the chips and by the time you get to the bottom the chips are all soggy. I love that. Oh, and there is cotton candy. I had some tonight. I feel another diabetic coma coming on. Seriously, when I first got home, my hands were shaking because my blood sugar level was freaking out. But it’s worth it. I brought the rest of it home so I could eat more tomorrow.

The ‘Riders lost. 10-0. To Midland. I mean, how do you lose to a team from the middle of nowhere? What is there around Midland? Other than Odessa, of course. But that’s not the point. The point is that I had a great time anyway. Cuz I love baseball. And baseball players. And baseball uniforms. But mostly baseball players. In baseball uniforms. And there’s no better way to watch baseball than while eating cotton candy and soggy nachos.

Oh, I almost forgot. My friend and I wore our usual baseball attire. I have a red shirt that says “I’d rather be with you.” She has a blue shirt that says “I already forgot your name.” Fun stuff. We wear them every time we go to a ball game.

Okay, that’s all for tonight. I think I have to go eat real food. And then go to bed. I’m old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home