Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Words are hard

Okay, so I was chatting over IM with this guy at work the other day and I mentioned my blog, etc, and he asked for my blog address, so I gave it to him. Then he wanted to know who Carolyn McCulley was. Immediately, I was like “Oh, crap. How do I explain this without sounding like I’m part of the ‘desperate to get married’ club?” I mean, I don’t know this guy all that well, and it’s usually bad form for girls to talk about marriage with guys they don’t know. It freaks them out. So I made a few comments, etc, trying to explain that it is more about understanding that there’s a difference between WANTING to get married someday and DESPERATE to get married now. Cuz I’m totally fine just being single for now. But I want it to be meaningful in some way, yada yada yada. Anyway, I was doing my best at conveying this idea and then I said this: “basically she says that your single years are supposed to be spent just looking for a spouse.” Did you catch that? I totally forgot the word 'NOT'!!!!!! I didn’t realize it at first but when I did, I almost died laughing! I was like “No wonder he quit chatting not long after that.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home