Thursday, March 02, 2006

Another story about Shad

Shad revealed a great secret to me today. You may wonder, if this is such a great secret, why I am now sharing it with you. The reason? It’s real funny. And when something’s funny, it's fair game for public ridicule.

Shad says that his greatest fear is passing gas in public. He claims that there are people who no longer speak to him because he accidentally passed gas in front of them. I told him that was ridiculous and he was just being paranoid. He said that his paranoia is based on his experiences. I said, “No, your paranoia is based on your whacked-out perception of reality.”

In any case, he decided to share with me a story about a guy who accidentally passed gas…

An apocryphal story about Edward de Vere, Earl of Oxford is that he farted while swearing loyalty to Queen Elizabeth I and consequently went into self-imposed exile for seven years. After his return, the Queen was reported to have reassured de Vere: "My Lord, I had quite forgotten the fart." (John Aubrey, Brief Lives)

Find this and other stories about gas at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatulent.

So my question is this: Can you relate to Shad's fear? Any funny stories to tell?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home