Thursday, December 08, 2005

The last bite

I just can’t eat it. I just can’t. In most instances, the thought of eating the last bite of food on the plate makes me sick to my stomach. Usually when I eat, the food tastes really good because I’m hungry, and food just tastes good when you are hungry. But then after I eat a bit, I stop being hungry, so food stops tasting so good. There are some foods that I can eat anyway, like steak with A1 sauce or pancakes from IHOP, but for the most part, once I pass the point of not being hungry, food just doesn’t taste good.

But I don’t like wasting too much food, so I keep eating. But as I get to the end of the meal, I’m SO not hungry that the thought of another bite is downright repulsive. And I don’t mind wasting just the last bite.

So I just threw away the last bite of my lunch. I thought about it for a while before I did it. Somehow I felt guilty. You know, the whole starving children in Africa thing. But then the feeling of nausea won out and I dumped it in the trash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home